The Council of Deans of University Teknologi Mara was established on 9 October 2007. It functions as a platform to produce inputs to top management of the University on matter pertaining to management affairs and academic activities.
The specific objectives of Council of Deans are as follows:
- assist the University in academic and service delivery management through strengthening the University 's academic quality and commitment of the Dean.
- create alliances towards producing synergies and more effective impact in the implementation of strategic planning.
- coordinate and recommend follow ups of the implementation of policies that have been approved by the Senate, the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- establish academic cooperation between the faculty, universities at national and international as well as the general public.
- provide channels and promotes the sharing of information and resources across the faculties / centers / branch campuses.